Monday, July 30, 2012

New Logo Ideas - Locate your Brand on the Color Spectrum – A Logo Wheel!!

Whenever I think of famous brands and their popular logo design, one question always pops into my mind…what makes them so special? Is it only that unique symbol which makes a brand so famous and builds it identity? Or is it the attractive color that grabs the attention of customers? Regardless of what makes a logo design memorable, I believe that companies can make a logo prominent but it is the customers who make a famous brand.
Since the color psychology plays a vital role in logo design, I decided to construct a logo color wheel of famous brands. There are countless renowned brands with their logos in different shades. Therefore, I have created a color spectrum showing how colors have made each brand special and memorable for its customers.
 

Find Your Brand On The Color Spectrum:

As per my observation, I have noticed constancy in the selection of colors by brands within the same industry. For example, you will observe that most of the social networking sites have blue colored logos. Fast food logos are located on the red or yellow color range. Also, many soft drinks like 7up and Mountain Dew use green to denote freshness and lime effect.
So, I think it will be fun finding out which part of the color spectrum your brand lies in. And if you are a new brand, this logo wheel might help you decide the right color for your logo design accordingly.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment